Sunday, January 30, 2011

Menu Planning

As I said earlier this week, one of my goals for 2011 is to start menu planning.

Menu planning can save you time when deciding what to make for dinner. The last thing I want to worry about after a long day of work is what I'm going to cook. If I have a menu plan set at the beginning of the week, I'll know ahead of time what I need to defrost or what I still need to get from the store. This post isn't just for the ladies - did you hear that guys? Yes, men can cook too!

Trust me, this is just a rough outline. It just helps to have a plan in order to resist the urge to go out to eat (trying to limit how often I do that). If you want to use things out of the freezer or pantry that have been sitting there, Recipe Key is a great tool.

Here is the tentative plan for the upcoming week:

Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Spaghetti with Pesto and Grilled Garlic Shrimp
Wednesday - Crock pot steak with brown rice
Thursday - Black Bean Sliders (Thanks Baked Bree for the recipe!)
Friday - Tri tip with roasted sweet potatoes

Satuday and Sunday are more flexible because I have more time on my hands. If you are exhausted after work, like I am, a crock pot is a great investment. Just place all your ingredients in before you leave for work and by the time you get back, it's ready to eat!

I'll try to post the recipes for the spaghetti and tri tip - so fast and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment